A. ABOUT THE POLICY
At DrillBit, we are strongly committed and striveto improve the academic standards, integrity and healthy educational practices.
DrillBit Anti-Plagiarism Software provides services to academic and educational institutes, one of our main priorities is to protect the privacy of our subscribers and data fed into DrillBitsystem.
This Policy is applicable to all the subscribers which shall mean and include such individuals or businessesusing our website/s and to those who are willingly providing such data.
For the purposes of clearly understanding the terms of this Policy, it is essential to define certain terms which are as follows -
1. Child shall mean and include any natural person who has not attained the age of majority, as may be prescribed.
2. Consent of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her;
3. Dataincludes a representation of information, facts, concepts, opinions or instructions in a manner suitable for communication, interpretation or processing by humans or by automated means;
4. Erasure shall mean and include the right to be erased or right to be forgotten.
5. Personal data, shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
6. Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
7. Subscribershall mean such person/s including the natural and juristic person who is opting for the services of DrillBit Anti Plagiarism Software.
1. By accessing services provided by the DrillBit website/s, and also by providing personal data, the subscriber shall authorise DrillBit to use the personal data forprocessing such data for the purpose of providing services. DrillBit ensures to procure consent from the subscribers for various services offered.
2. The subscribers shall use their discretion while using the website/s of DrillBit, or may refrain from using the website/s of DrillBit.
E. COLLECTION OF DATA
1. Accessing services on our website/s shall entail DrillBit to collect data which shall be used for providing services as sought by the subscriber. Filling up of any form seeking personal data shall be at the absolute discretion of the subscriber, for the purpose of accessing the services offered by DrillBit.
2. DrillBit shall intimate the subscriber, the reason for collecting the data. Any additional data provided by the subscriber including the name, email address, phone number,address of the company, or any other details the contents of the message and/or attachments may be provided at the discretion of the subscriber.
3. Collection of Data by DrillBit shall be, for providing the best user experience to subscribers and for administering the requirements of each subscriber. The Subscriber however, may choose to opt out of services by requesting DrillBit for option to opt out.
4. Collection of data by DrillBit shall be solely for the purpose intended in the usage of the software and it shall not imply or mean that the personal data of any subscriber shall be used for any other reason than for processing such data.
F. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
2. DrillBit may use the cookies and other similar technology for improving the services provided to the subscriber, any personal data of the subscriber shall be maintained with utmost care and diligence.
3. DrillBit shall seek permission of the subscriber prior to sending any promotional messages or mails. Subscriber may however, choose not to receive any messages, mails or calls from DrillBit.
G. USAGE OF DATA
DrillBit shall use the data provided by the Subscribers including any document which is related to any individual for the purpose of processing for the purpose of providing greater user experience to the subscribers, for the purpose of improving business, undertaking research and for other related purposes without compromising on the privacy of the subscribers at any point in time.
In addition to some specific uses of the data collected, DrillBit may use the data that is received for the verification of identity for logging-in and for authentication processes. The data collected shall be used by the website/s in the following ways –
1. To ensure academic integrity and to promote healthy educational practises, some features to recognise and prevent the educational malpractices and protect intellectual property of the creators.
2. To provide with services to the subscribers relating to the similarity index or related results based on the comparison of the data available on the DrillBit servers.
3. To provide with the services to subscribers, including the customer support services, which may requireaccess to data and information of the subscriber.
4. To manage DrillBit services, the data collected is utilised for the purpose of internal analysis for the purpose of monitoring, maintaining and improving the services and other features related to the usage of DrillBit. Furthermore, to improve, personalise and expand features of DrillBit.
5. To provide with creation of account and process relating to the authentication of the logged in subscribers.
6. To establish communication channels with the subscribers, either directly or through our related services, for providing better features, updates and other information relating to services and products of DrillBit.
7. To prevent any illegal or potentially threatening activities.
We have our presence in several continents and countries, due to which, the data processing and maintaining becomes crucial. Protection of data is our top priority and we are striving to comply with the laws of different countries, in order to ensure transparency, accountability and earn customer satisfaction.
1. DrillBit is Compliant to the European Data Protection Compliance i.e. GDPR,various data protection legislations of the United States of America and based on the industry set standards in India.
2. DrillBit is always committed and in pursuit of providing customer satisfaction with utmost ethics and integrity.
3. DrillBit ensures that the data of the Subscriber is not used or misused, for any other purpose than what was originally intended.
4. DrillBit ensures to implement the best technology and practises for data protection of subscribers and persons using the website/s.
5. DillBit’s contract with any third-party service provider, for any other services shall strictly observe and implement the standards as adapted by DrillBit.
6. DrillBit is sensitive and observes diligence in the data that is processed, hence any data apart from what is submitted by subscribers relating to children below the age of twelve,shall not be collected for any other purpose than what isrequired for the business. There shall be strict filtering mechanism wherein inappropriate data shall not be received, handled or stored at any point of time.
1. DrillBit follows a standard procedure of documentation. The purpose of documentation is to keep a record of the visitors visiting website/s. The documentation will be maintained to ensure that the website/s hosting visitors as a part of analytics.
2. Documentation shall include collection of data like date and time stamp, Internet Protocol (IP) address/es, Type of browser used, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and other relevant data but not personal data.
3. In order to keep up with the growing competition, DrillBit analyses the trends by administering the website/s, gathering demographic details and other services for providing qualitative services to the subscribers.
J. DATA HANDLING AND ERASURE
1. DrillBit facilitates its subscribers and provides with the right to change, update, modify or remove the personal data of the subscribers from DrillBit database.
2. Any subscriber intending to change, update, modify, remove, deleteor seeking for a clarification regarding the personal data or its usage, shall raise a request with DrillBit at the Contact Form mentioned in the website.
3. DrillBit ensures to comply with the guidelines specified by each country and in this respect, several measures have been adopted to ensure the data integrity is maintained.
K. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND JURISDICTION
For the purpose of providing effective services, DrillBit may store, process and transmit data from one jurisdiction to other including the locations outside the place of subscriber. Any subscriber having issues or complaints regarding the handling of data by DrillBit shall inform and intimate DrillBit at email@example.com, any dispute pertaining to the data handling, management and issues thereof shall be settled by way of Arbitration or Mediation.Governing law for dispute resolution shall be that of India.
L. FEEDBACK AND CONTACT INFORMATION